Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sakae Sushi Review by SAUCEPAN GIRL

Saucepan Girl







Yes, its one of those famous conveyor belt japanese sushi chain restaurants. And here is the thing, it had gotten the best brand award last year for the japanese food category. And I am here to say bulxxxx. Okay, I really shouldn’t start a food review with a preconception of how it is. 
So let us move on to the decor, I would say the concept is fairly okay. And I really like that every counter has their own computer to pick from the menu. Quick and easy. I like it. If only those computers were iMacs...I swear to god I will scream and say we are so coming here every day. 


And oh dear holy god, the food on the menu looked so goddam delicious, I felt like eating the menu itself. And considering the food that came after we ordered, eating the menu might’ve been a better idea. 

Yeah, yeah, whoever that went in because the menu look so uber good, you guys are so punked. 
Heck, I was punked...=.=

We ordered the most simple sushi dish that will easily set the standard of the sushi restaurant-a normal salmon sushi. 





And I don’t know how in the world can a salmon sushi actually taste like...we will just rest with the description ‘horrible’. The rice was cold...and definitely not fresh. I think they just froze Malaysia’s rice and squeeze it into an oblong shape and pray that it sticks or something. If that is not, I am sorry, that is just how it taste like. And if they insist they are using japanese rice. Maybe they should just consider switching to Malaysian rice and freeze it instead because I am very sure it taste the same and is cheaper too. 



And the salmon, the WORSE thing that could happen to a salmon happened. 
Its limp and dead....Okay, fine I was just joking. The worse thing that could ever happen to a salmon is that the salmon is not fresh. And yes people...its not fresh. Mr Cheese was giving this weird expression after putting it in his mouth. 






Then I ordered my favourite sushi dish-Soft shell crab maki. This one was with sesame seed. Okay this is my personal non-preference, the sesame seed I mean, so I won’t penalize them on the sesame seed part. I just scraped them off, desperately. And after putting that piece of sushi with the protruding soft shell crab leg, I wanted to cry. These people just killed my little soft shell crab maki loving soul in me. The leg was soft...and I know, despite it being a SOFT shell crab, it just means the shell won’t break your teeth when you bite into them, not all waterishly soft, if you know what I mean. 
WHERE IS THE CRUNCHINESS???????? ToT *breaks down and cry*




And then the other soft shell crab maki with the cheese thing. Let us not go there.


Then we ordered this RM20++ scallop with cheese. There were 4 scallops, and credit to them, the scallops were huge and juicy. But the cheese paste...was so salty..it could cure any lack-of-sodium patients in the hospital. Heck I think they should patent this, they could actually save a lot of lives. So yeah...there we are, having the ‘saltiest’ time of our lives. 
And the price, for the quality of food we just ate? 
One Word: Overkill.
And yeah, you bet I asked for a feedback form. 

BUT ONE THING I HAVE TO SAY, their food presentation is very examplary. And I am not being sarcastic.
Despite the super sad review, if you still want to try it out, be my guest, I am not stopping you. But I hope all of you understand, that I am just trying to be a loving japanese food chain restaurant mother, don’t you know critiques can help you grow and improve? :P
Disclaimer:
These reviews are just personal opinions of the bloggers and it may differ from people to people...and under the Human Rights Act 1997, they do reserve the right to publish their opinions in media form. These reviews are in no way paid or forced to be written as to defame the store. Watch Ratatouille, bad reviews are legal. If you have a different opinion, that is your right. And feel free to hate us or love us. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites